Followers

Saturday 28 October 2017

A Revelation

A ghost gave me a fright,
It happened this very night
When I was alone in bed –
I awoke filled with dread
As it floated past my head;
Then I heard it, it said:
‘I’m your soul feeling blue
Without a wife to pursue.’ 

The apparition was startling,
I was frightfully shaking,
But it was me aching
For a new beginning.
The spirit planted a seed
That a soul-mate I need. 

© Andrew Stevenson 29/10/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. I also would like a new beginning, the longing always seem to rear it's ugly head at night times. Hope you get your heart's desire Andrew.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. Sorry you are suffering. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Ghosts are strange entities but more amazing how they embody what we are thinking and wanting and echo it back.. hope you find what you are looking for ..so that the ghosts can be free to float elsewhere..Beautifully written..great insight.. ...joy from usa with much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, for your kind words. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete