Followers

Wednesday 25 October 2017

New Times Begun With Mum

Happy Birthday to my mother,
She is going to be seventy-eight,
She will soon pleasantly discover
That life can be pleasingly great,
As she will soon be walking
Without feeling any suffering,
She won’t have to use a stick
As her new hip is getting fit. 

I am seeing her about three
To take her to the surgery.
Her partner is now at home,
His dementia has sadly grown.
I love my mother with my life;
She has nurtured me from strife. 

© Andrew Stevenson 25/10/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful uplifting poem for your mother Andrew.
    A Happy birthday to your mother she has a few years on me and I hope life for her will be great. You are a credit to her.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, for your kind words. It's my mother's birthday tomorrow. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aadesh, for you kind comment. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete