Followers

Saturday 14 October 2017

Caring For My Mother

I’m caring for my mum at nine,
Post op she is feeling fine,
I’m looking after her all day
While my sister is away,
I’m taking my pet dog Sadie,
As mum likes playing with she,
She will cheer her up tremendously
As she snuggles up to her on the settee. 

My mother watches daytime TV,
Which isn’t appealing to me,
I like to listen to music playing
While I am restfully resting.
I will do an hour gardening
As it needs weeding and cutting. 

© Andrew Stevenson 14/10/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Have a good time with your motheer Andrew, I too watch daytime TV although some programmes leaves much to be desired.
    Take care.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, I had a nice time with my mother. My brother and his wife had her for a few hours! I hardly watch TV, so am not really into watching programmes. I did enjoy the X-factor which was repeated! Take good care. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete