Followers

Sunday 1 October 2017

A Walk With A Bark

I’m taking my dog for a walk
In a picturesque nature park,
She will have a stalking stalk
While barking the odd bark.
She is sensible and amiable
And is maturely personable.
She has a free run in the sun
Where she does go and come. 

She chases other animals
Such as innocent squirrels,
But they are respectfully fast
With a chase that doesn’t last.
She will have some free-fun
While have an exercising run.

© Andrew Stevenson 01/10/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

6 comments:

  1. This wonderful poem Andrew reminded me of when I had a dog many, many years ago. It was after she was put to sleep I wrote my first ever poem entitled "Sheba".

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Your pet became an inspiration. It's a shame our pets only have a short innings in life! Sad. My Father had a pet dog called Sheba, she was an Alsatian. Enjoy your day. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. I can just see her chasing squirrels, Andrew. I can imagine a cheeky squirrel chattering at your dog just out of reach. At least that's how squirrels are here. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels can be cheeky, and are not phased as they have an escape route up many a nearby tree! You have a good one too. Blessings, Louise.

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful words. I could just visualize it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nas, I appreciate your kind words. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete