Followers

Monday 2 October 2017

As A Young Lad

As an energetic young lad
I worked on a milk round,
My employer was sound
Which made me glad.
Early in the dark morning
I would be sleepily rising.
I used to make ten pound
For all of my running around. 

I went to school after work
In my pants, blazer and shirt,
I used to study quite hard
And liked sonnets by the bard.
After school I’d go to the Cadets
Where I had no regrettable regrets. 

© Andrew Stevenson 02/10/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. Apart from the cadets (and possibly the liking of the sonnets) you could be my brother in law who often reminisces of his time on the milk float an, later on, the pop van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice. We have a pop van that visits every Tuesday afternoon. Thank you for your kind words. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. A good insight Andrew of your younger days,
    Well written.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete