Followers

Monday 16 October 2017

Looking After My Mother

I’ve been staying with my mother
At eight until the time of seven,
I have a respite as my brother
Looks after her with his other.
My mother believes in heaven
And used to teach Christianity,
She believes that we are brethren,
In a Biblical sense of sensibility. 

I treat all as sisters and brothers,
We should be respectful to others
As we all share earth together
Braving the stormy weather.
My mother is persevering
With her hip that is aching. 

© Andrew Stevenson 17/10/2017
 
A sonnet.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. You are a very caring son Andrew, Hope your mother maintains her progress.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne, I try my best with my mother as she has looked after me all of my life! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
  2. Hope your mom gets well soon Andrew .as always your poem echoes your heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete