Followers

Friday 22 June 2018

A Gripe At Flight

I have an appetite to exercise a gripe,
And with all of my God given might
I will acknowledge the suffering fight
Of the out of sight third-world plight.

Have you tastes in humane decency,
And have you respectfully come to be
An influential technocrat acting fat
With pride of let's hide this sad side
Of politics of us not enjoying the ride. 

They’re instrumental in a mentality gravity,
As she and he act disrespectfully in glee
At their policy to hand out a little from a lot
As those poor souls still using coals rot.

© Andrew Stevenson 25/06/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderfully written Andrew. Most enjoyable to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne for your kind words, they are warmly received. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. I'm not certain if you were were writing about what I am thinking as I read this, Andrew. Immediately "fat with pride" reminded me of my president, and the "suffering flight" of people fleeing violence and terror in Central America. I am deeply troubled by the separation of families at the southern border of America; and ashamed, because I never thought I would see such a time in the USA. Yes, our country has performed terrible injustices in the past, but this is 2018. I thought we had learned from the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. This piece seems to fit with the troubles you're having over there, which I'm sorry about. It isn't nice to split families up, especially tearing children from their parents arms! Hope it gets resolved soon. Sorry for your suffering and theirs. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete