Followers

Friday 29 June 2018

A Welcome Visit

My Mother goes away today,
She’s going to have a short stay
In Suffolk with my loving Sister,
Who will cook and care for her:
She owns a big house with land
Which for her I think is grand,
I’m pleased for my nice Mother
And I will for a week miss her. 

Her partner who has dementia
Has gone into a nice care-home,
He has deteriorated considerably
Which for my Mum is like torture
As at home he likes to always roam
And hardly sits still upsetting she. 

© Andrew Stevenson 30/06/2018
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your mother is looking forward to a break ~ so important for a caretaker. Is her partner in a care-home permanently or is it respite care for your mother? It must be very difficult to see someone she loves experiencing such an awful disease. I hope that she has a restorative time. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. Thank you for your kind comment, it is greatly appreciated. He's on respite at the moment, but is looking at going into full time care in a few weeks, which is being arranged by their Social Worker. He's sadly urinating around the house now - not nice for my poor mother, who is frail. Thank you for wishing her well. Blessings to you. Enjoy your Sunday. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete