Followers

Thursday 7 June 2018

Little Soldier

Mother said that I was breaking a rule
Taking my toys into the primary school:
I wasn’t bothered, I wanted to have fun
Squirting the water from out of my gun. 

I put on my soldier’s hat and went out to war,
Looking for Tubby Tucker to settle a score:
The previous night he had had to me done
A soaking from his shooting water gun. 

I looked through the window at the classroom within,
Sally Swotter was there but there was no sight of him.
I looked near the dining room, his favourite place
Lanky Liam was there, so I soaked his long face. 

I looked near the swings and he wasn’t there,
Nitty Nora was though, so I soaked her hair.
Tubby Tucker this morning must be running late,
So I sprinted to the bushes behind the school gate. 

I saw Simple Simon simply coming my way,
It was easy to get him, so I gave him a spray.
Then all of a sudden my adversary walked past,
So instead of a spray I gave him a long blast. 

Surprised, and dripping wet, he looked my way.
Smiling – ‘Revenge is sweet’ I did happily say:
But just behind him came his fuming mum
Cursing and shouting at what I had just done. 

She took my to my teacher who told me I was a disgrace
For wetting Tubby Tucker’s clothes and Lanky Liam’s face,
And for spraying Simple Simon, and soaking Nitty Nora’s hair,
She called my mother and sent me home – I didn’t care. 

© Andrew Stevenson 12/03/2017
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful fun poem Andrew. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Well done.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete