Followers

Monday 11 June 2018

Advancing

I walked for a mile
With a big smile –
It was all worthwhile.
 
The flowers blooming
Were very pleasing
With colours consuming,
 
Blessed me walking free,
In a spirit of ecstasy
Appreciating the beauty.
 
Feeling the sun up high
I wondered what was nigh –
Happy merriment or a sigh.
 
Would she accept my charms,
As I am suffering some alms
Not being in her hugging arms.
 
I'll accept my future fate,
Only now a short wait
As I opened her front-gate.
 
I knocked at her large door,
Feeling small and insecure
With being frightfully unsure.
 
While I patiently waited for she
I enjoyed the garden scenery –
A source of scenic serenity.
 
She opened the door not sore
From me being a regrettable bore
From not fulfilling a mundane chore.
 
She hugged my close to her,
I love her being my partner
And I’m glad we’re together.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 02/04/2017
 
A re-edited piece.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. I felt I was walking along with you Andrew. Lovely to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. Thank you for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete