Followers

Friday 28 June 2024

Fright Of Night

 Peeking from my covers I look through the glazing

Where not long before the sun had been so blazing,

Slowly but surely it is becoming the dark night - 

The sun's gone away and now the moon is in sight.


Under my covers my fears they wont keep

As I cling to my teddy and try not to sleep,

I cower much more but I don't feel alright

As ghosts and ghouls can keep out of sight.


I sink much deeper into the safety of my bed

And try to remember what Daddy had said:

That Halloween's realism was all in my head,

But nevertheless, I'm still filled with dread.


At every staircase's groan and also every walls creek

I stir my dark hiding place and take a short peek,

I want Dad, I don't like being on my own in my room

Under the watchful gaze of the ever frightening moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment