Followers

Saturday 22 June 2024

Lacy May

 A vessel so beautiful, sail loves sea,

Exploring life, compassed paternally,

All hands on deck, on the wind ride

Our accolade of immeasurable pride.


Hear distant land, a voyage is on way,

Baby in hammock to dock in your bay.

Alight the stars, wise maps of vision - 

Guide our uncharted nucleus fission.


A channel opened, man the life boats, 

As what was sunk before now floats.

Raise the ensign, Fife's and drums play

A lullaby tune and beat for Lacy May.


A memorable day, 31/10/09, to meet

Our new anchored pride of our fleet.

She now rests, harboured in her cot

From the pains of labour best forgot.


But let's not forget the muster cries

From her lips as she opened her eyes:

A bountiful treasure indeed to behold - 

Worth more than any sovereign s gold.


A quart of rum to wet Lacy's head; 

Fill your barrel's and shoot your lead,

In celebration to the cute baby seen - 

Be you deckhand, sailor or marine.


Kenzie the cabin boy, a sibling today,

Sits in the crow's nest leading the way;

A sillouette on the horizon to enjoy - 

A son, a brother and a pinocchio toy.


Nine months adrift, plot the navigation 

To Blighties shores free from separation.

The moon guides her in upon it's tide - 

This new vessel of immeasurable pride.


Glossary 


The first stanza denotes my daughter.


Nucleus fission denotes a DNA enigma. Fission is a nuclear power.


A baby when born has blurred vision, hence a sillouette on the horizon.

6 comments:

  1. Good evening to one and all. It's mybirthday tomorrow, I'll be sixty six. A few wellwishs wouldn't go amiss from the elusive yourselves! Good tidings. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacy May has doted Grandparents, as her GRANDmother, Fiona, or fi for short, LOVES her as equally to myself, or I. I count my blessings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday my poetical friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday my great poetical friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear by acknowledged yourself. Sorry I'm dyslexic my good friend

      Delete