Followers

Friday 28 June 2024

Little Soldier

 Mother said that I was breaking a rule

Taking my toys into the primary school,

I wasn't bothered, I wanted to have fun

Squirting the water from out of my gun.


I put on my soldiers hat and went out to war,

Looking for Tubby Tucker to so settle a score,

The previous night he so had had to me done

A soaking from his fast shooting water gun.


I looked through the window at the classroom within,

Sally Swotter was there but there was no sight of him,

I looked in and near the dining room, his favourite place,

Lanky Liam was there so I duly soaked his long face.


I looked near the swings and he was not there,

Nitty Nora was though, so I soaked her hair,

Tubby Tucker this morning must be running late

So I sprinted to the bushes behind the school gate.


I saw Simple Simon simply coming my way,

It was easy to get him, so I gave him a spray,

Then all of a sudden my adversary walked past,

So instead of a spray, I gave him a long blast.


Surprised, and dripping wet, he looked my way,

Smiling - 'Revenge is sweet', I did happily say,

But just behind him came his mad, fuming mum

Cursing and shouting at what I had just done.


She took me to my Teacher who told me I was a disgrace,

For wetting Tubby Tucker's clothes and Lanky Liam's face,

And for spraying Simple Simon and soaking Nitty Nora's hair,

She called my Mother and sent me home - I did not have a care.


2 comments:

  1. That was wonderful Andrew, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking so my religious Friend. I aim to please! Thank you for commenting Mate. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete