Followers

Saturday 22 June 2024

Glum About Mum

 I want in the future to be with my mother,

She is aptly amazing and like no-other,

We used to spend a lot of time together 

Regardless of our health and stormy weather,

As she was frail and I suffered with bipolar

So she helped me with love get much better 

When sometimes I was as mad as a hatter - 

Our being together will be cherished forever.


She is in a care home and suffers with dementia,

This is frustrating and a slow type of sad torture,

I have my memories of her which are a treasure 

As I like to reminisce which is not an endeavour.

My brother, sister and daughter look after her 

And visit her often and sometimes all together.

1 comment:

  1. My Mother's nature is amazing. She remembers the past very swell, its only the present she is scitty-scatty with her faculties.

    ReplyDelete