Followers

Friday 4 January 2019

Nine Was Fine

I hope you had a good New Year
Celebrating with a drink of beer
Raising lots of nice merry cheer.
I was merry by about nine o’clock,
So sleepily I hit my apt comfy sack,
Not in luck my dog later woke me up,
She was stressing with the loud bangs
From the fireworks in drunken hands.
 
My mate was here to look after her,
He was up still drinking Stella beer,
He comforted her while she’s in fear
Of the noise from those raising cheer.
I went to see a mate New Year’s Day
Where we both enjoyed my long stay.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 05/01/2019
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. Like Christmas my new year was lonesome but I survived.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Yvonne, I am so sorry you spent Christmas and New Year alone! Tut. My heart goes out to your sweet-self. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete