Followers

Monday 7 January 2019

On A Leash

I’ve just had a walk by the River Dee
With my trusty Friend and pet Sadie,
I fed the swans and ducks with bread
With Sadie pulling wanting them dead,
But they know to keep their distance
As Sadie can so be a hostile nuisance,
Some are brave though and come close
While I’m feeding them by a long post.
 
It was too late to let Sadie off the lead,
She relieved herself on the odd weed,
The ground was morass with the rain –
We had a mosey and would go again.
With it being cloudy it was not cold
So it was warm during our hour stroll.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 07/01/2019
 
Mosey denotes having a leisurely walk.
 
Morass denotes a muddy or boggy ground.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. I love walking by the river and survey mother nature in her glory. I feel I am walking beside "The Peaceful Waters"
    I enjoyed your poem and lucky Sadie and ducks.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne for your kind words, they are most welcomed. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete