Followers

Saturday 5 January 2019

Two Smiles In Verse

The date with Detty fell through,
She said she wants to be alone,
I sometimes feel like that too
Wanting to be on my own,
But I do like sane company
With a nice, pleasing Honey
To pleasantly act Gentlemanly –
I so like a Lady to act Christianly.
 
I am skint now because of Xmas,
It’s a while until I get duly paid,
I hope Cheryl will be my Lass
Before I enter my eternal grave.
Am I going to far wanting a Star –
But I am so leaving some hope ajar.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 05/01/2019
 
A piece with a specific meter.
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to be alone sometimes Andrew but not all the time.
    Yes, Christmas certainly is a time for being skint in the new year.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like being alone while I am working on my poems and novels, with a little background music. I get paid this Wednesday, so no worries! Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete