Followers

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Not In Luck I Got Up

My dog woke me up about three,
She needed to go outside for a wee,
So I regrettably got out of my bed
Still so feeling quite off my head
From a whisky the previous night
Also with Budweiser beer that I like.
Feeling groggy I walked my doggie
And let her off the lead to roam free. 
 
The crisp, fresh air is sobering
While I was outside wayfaring,
Watching Sadie was pleasing
With her running and playing.
I’ll have a sleep during the day
Where on my bed we will lay.
 
© Andrew Stevenson 23/02/2018
 
Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

4 comments:

  1. I bet it was cold at that unearthy hour Andrew.
    Loved the poem very enjoyable to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Yvonne. It is cold in the early mornings. My Mother bought me a thick fleece for Christmas, so I'm well wrapped up! Thank you. Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete
  2. This sonnet made me laugh, Andrew! Why is it that dogs always need to go out when you least feel like taking them? I'm sure that you and Sadie had a great nap later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Louise. Glad it raised some cheer with you. Sadie often wakes me when I don't want to get out of bed - but I do! Blessings. Love love, Andrew.

      Delete